1. Pool table
8. Bottles and glasses
I really enjoyed modelling the bar and i want to carry on the work even though it is past submission to fix the lighting as i could not get it the way i wanted. I started working with the mental ray lighting setting and i was coming along ok after looking at tutorials and all before i went to render my final image, there was a problem and i had to use the standard lighting system within 3ds max
I started off with getting the right measurements and using a reference image for the main parts of the model.
I worked by creating a corner and then i would mirror it when the basic shape was created.
After the basic shape i mirrored once and started looking at creating the legs/lower part
It just looked wrong somehow and i wasn’t happy with it so i had to and research tables a bit more and come back to it.
I added the bit that was missing in making this a a nice looking pool table. now i could progress forward.
The table needed a lot of cleaning up. it was all over the pace and not rendering very well. i cleared the smoothing groups and tried to patch up the model and done a decent job of it.
I stated to texture the model.
I started by creating this shape.
I created a linear shape from the edges. i have started doing this on many things as i think it is a really good way to get a nice finish on a model and not have it to sharp.
I tried to save each step i did in all my models but this one it seems i have missed out (or lost) the other files of its progress.
I started with a cylinder and then used the polygons and edges to extrude and chamfer the back of the stool for the back area. i next scales several parts to get the basic shape. i added little things like a foot stool etc. to make it complete.
Here is the final render of my stool. i have textured the base but i liked the simple colour as there are many different ones going on throughout the scene.
I started by creating a shape like the bar i work in
After adding everything and placing them i could start to texture the room.
It was a lot of trail and error but i got there in the end (i think). I was was finally happy with the room scene textures. The skirting boards were created by using a sweep modifier on a perimeter outline i created of the room.
This is the final render of the asset. the glass top and the metal underneath really help spark up the scene.
After the textures i used a bump map to get the creased leather effect.
Some of the methods and images i used to texture
Most of the images were my own that i had taken but there are also phhotos taken from the internet.
These images i used as bump maps to create a better effect to my texture.